On behalf of St Andrews PTFA I would like to welcome you to St. Andrew's , in particular the pupils and parents who are new to our school. My name is Natalie (mum to Edward in Year 6) and this will be my 5th year standing as PTFA chairperson.
At St Andrews we are very fortunate to have such a successful PTFA which raises vital funds used to enhance every child’s learning experience as they journey through school. Further to raising funds the activities of the PTFA present a great opportunity for pupils and their families to strengthen their social ties with school. New classroom chairs, the outdoor peace garden and hoodies for the year six leavers are just a few of the things we have contributed to. The PTFA also hosted the 2019 Big Picnic which was a free event on the school field open to all St Andrews pupils, their families and also the wider Over Hulton community. The event was a huge success and something we plan to host again in June 2023.
Over the coming months you can see from the calendar dates below we have lots planned. Without the support from parents, teachers and friends of the school none of these events would be possible, so thank you.
We are always looking for people to help and support us and we are always open to suggestions for new activities and events. If you feel you could give some of your time, even if it is only very occasionally we would love to hear from you. You are all automatically members of the PTFA so it would be lovely to see some new faces at meetings or volunteering at events.
Please feel free to catch me in the playground, drop an email to email@example.com, speak to another member of the PTFA committee or leave a message with the school office.
- New projector and sound systenm in the hall
- Additional School Reading Scheme books to supplement the current library of resources
Together we did it!
A HEART WARMING TALE- A lovely gentleman came into school on Friday morning enquiring how much money we were short to purchase the new iboards outright? Amazingly he proceeded to write a cheque for the £4000 shortfall! The kind gentleman (who would like to remain anonymous) simply said he was a very grateful grandparent.
So with the help of the Over Hulton Community Group, a few generous large donations and lots of hard work from the PTFA we are now the proud owner of 7 iboard touch boards that will transform lessons for years to come.
Welcome to St. Andrew’s PTFA,
As a parent/friend of the school we would love you to get involved. The good news is, you are automatically a member! We hold meetings approximately once every half term in an informal setting where you will be able to meet other like-minded people and maybe even make some new friends. Don’t be shy, we’re a friendly bunch.
St. Andrew’s PTFA has been a vital part in raising funds for the school for many years. This has been possible because of its dedicated members.
In the past we have funded outdoor play equipment, new laptops, a stage to show our wonderful performances and organized many social events for the children including popular movie nights and school discos. Many of which simply wouldn’t be possible without our help.
Okay, so why should you get involved?
- Budgets at every school are tight. Money raised in school fundraisers is often used to pay for those little extras that can make a school a special place to be.
- Helping at PTFA fundraising events helps you get to know your kid’s teachers better and understand the way the school works and all the problems, challenges and joys they find in their work.
- Children love you to be involved in ‘their world’ and that you are there for them, taking an interest and sharing their experience.
- Talking to other parents helps you and them. As we all find out, kids don’t come with instructions. No sooner do we feel we have learned to deal with one thing and there is something else to address. Sharing experiences and parenting tips helps us all.
- Everyone has different talents and skills they can bring to the PTFA. The best PTFAs are inclusive and find ways of incorporating all the different things that people can offer. Be that a fantastic cookie recipe for a cake sale, an ability with something like graphic design or computers or the commitment to run the weekly football training.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us via the email address below.
See you soon!
Natalie Mollart (Chair)
Files to Download
St Andrew's C.E. Primary School
Tel: 01204 332606